Outgoing Director of the Fiji Human Rights and Anti-Discrimination Fee Ashwin Raj is amongst 13 new everlasting secretary appointees introduced by the Public Service Fee within the final hour.
Mr Raj has been appointed the brand new PS for the Ministry of Ladies, Youngsters and Poverty Alleviation with impact from December 12.
He replaces Jennifer Poole who has since resigned to pursue different pursuits.
It’s understood that Mr Raj stepped down from his HRADC directorship place yesterday.
The opposite new PS appointees are:
- Salaseini Daunabuna – appointed PS for the Ministry of Rural and Maritime Growth and Catastrophe Administration with impact from November 21, 2022. She replaces David Kolitagane who has been appointed Fiji’s Excessive Commissioner to Australia;
- Mere Siqila-Lakeba – appointed PS for the Ministry of Waterways and Surroundings with impact from December 15, 2022. She replaces Joshua Wycliffe who has since vacated his publish because of unavoidable household circumstances in his residence nation of India;
- Atish Kumar – appointed PS for the Ministry of Employment Productiveness and Industrial Relations with impact from January 1, 2023. He replaces Osea Cawaru who’s retiring from the civil service upon the expiry of his present contract;
- Seema Sharma – appointed PS for the Ministry of Native Authorities with impact from December 15, 2022. Ms Sharma will take over from Shaheen Ali who has been appearing on this capability since February 19, 2021, along with his substantive portfolio of Commerce, Commerce, Tourism and Transport.
The PSC has additionally confirmed the reappointment of the next everlasting secretaries for an extra three years upon the expiry of their present contracts:
- Yogesh Karan – Workplace of the Prime Minister, Sugar Trade, Immigration and Overseas Affairs
- Susan Kiran – Ministry of Civil Service
- Shaheen Ali – Ministry of Commerce, Commerce, Tourism and Transport
- Sanjeeva Perera – Ministry of Housing and Neighborhood Growth
- Taitusi Vakadravuyaca – Ministry of Infrastructure and Meteorological Companies
- Dr Raijeli Taga – Ministry of Lands and Mineral Sources
- Manasa Lesuma – Ministry of Defence, Nationwide Safety and Policing
- Garisau Penesio Nonu Baleinabuli – Ministry of Forestry and Fisheries