Revealed: 16 Could 2022
When warmth turns into insufferable and the stress will get an excessive amount of to deal with, most of us look north for a fast escape. Whereas most of the nation’s hottest islands are positioned south of Manila, among the most simply accessible could be discovered within the north. And in the case of locations within the north, it’s fairly exhausting to withstand the calls of La Union.
However because the pandemic has just about tousled all of the well-established bus schedules that we’ve got relied on through the years, it takes some effort to determine the way to get to La Union by bus. So we did just a little digging (i.e. contacting bus corporations). And we efficiently reached PARTAS Transportation Firm and Viron Transit.
‼️ IMPORTANT! Nowadays, route availability and timings change regularly and rapidly. Earlier than your journey, contact the bus corporations straight for the most recent updates and insurance policies at 0917 819 3909 (Partas) or 0932 364 1487 (Viron Transit) or message PARTAS’s official FB web page.
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
As of: 16 Could 2022
PARTAS operates a number of bus routes to the north, principally within the Ilocos Area and Abra. Of their newest timetable (as of this writing), La Union is nowhere to be discovered. However it turned out that they nonetheless do ferry passengers to La Union through their different routes.
We just lately referred to as and messaged PARTAS to learn how to get to La Union. And so they advised us the next:
- Ilocos- or Abra-bound PARTAS buses coming from CUBAO Terminal can drop off passengers in San Fernando Metropolis, La Union. These embrace P2P buses.
- You should inform the driving force that you simply’re alighting in La Union. In any other case, they are going to skip the terminal. We had been advised they solely make a cease in La Union if and provided that there’s a passenger getting off there.
- PARTAS doesn’t make a cease in San Juan (Urbiztondo). The closest is San Fernando Metropolis. They’re solely allowed to drop off passengers at their terminal. However since their Sebay Station (San Juan) is quickly non-operational, buses can’t cease there. Nevertheless, their official FB web page shared with us that they’ll drop off passengers within the following La Union cities: Agoo, Bacnotan, Balaoan, Bangar, Bauang, and Damortis. (See picture under.)
We’re not positive whether or not or not buses from the Pasay Terminal additionally drop off passengers in La Union. However their Fb web page particularly indicated “FROM CUBAO ONLY.”
Under are the timetables and fares for PARTAS Buses that may make a cease in San Fernando, La Union.
Cubao to Abra P2P
Cubao to Laoag P2P
Cubao to Vigan P2P
Cubao to Candon
Cubao to Sta. Cruz
Cubao to Narvacan
Cubao to Cabugao
As of: 16 Could 2022
Viron Transit has not printed any up to date schedule on their official Fb web page, so we referred to as their terminals by telephone. Right here’s what they shared up to now:
- Viron’s La Union buses terminate at their San Fernando Terminal. In case your vacation spot is San Juan, switch to a jeepney or a tricycle from there.
- Alternatively, you could trip a Viron bus certain for Ilocos and Abra, which may drop you off in cities north of San Fernando (together with San Juan), however you’ll have to pay the complete fare for that route.
Sampaloc to San Fernando
Fare: PhP 505
Sampaloc to Vigan
Fare: PhP 700
Sampaloc to Abra
Fare: PhP 750
Cubao to San Fernando
Once I referred to as, they confirmed that they do function journeys to San Fernando Metropolis from their Cubao Terminal too, scheduled at 10:00 pm.
I want I had extra particulars to share however that’s all I used to be capable of get for now.
You may attempt calling them by way of the numbers under or electronic mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you’re in San Fernando, the subsequent step is to get to San Juan. Whether or not your last vacation spot is Urbiztondo Seashore or San Juan City Correct, you might have two fundamental choices:
- BY JEEPNEY. Fare: round P15.
- BY TRICYCLE. Fare: P100 (particular trip)
From San Fernando Metropolis Middle, journey time is round quarter-hour to Urbiztondo and 20-25 minutes to San Juan City Correct (longer if jeepney due to the stops).
For those who want to discover most of La Union, the city of San Juan and the town of San Fernando are the very best areas to your base. Each are positioned on the heart of the province. From both, you possibly can simply attain many of the sights listed above.
We stayed at Urbiz Backyard, a beachfront bed-and-breakfast in Urbiztondo, San Juan. I all the time keep right here due to its location, between the freeway and the seaside.
However should you’d slightly keep at a resort, hostel or resort, listed below are among the high properties that may be booked through Agoda.