FHI 360 is a nonprofit human improvement group devoted to enhancing lives in lasting methods by advancing built-in, domestically pushed options. Our workers consists of consultants in well being, training, diet, setting, financial improvement, civil society, gender, youth, analysis, know-how, communication and social marketing- creating a singular mixture of capabilities to handle in the present day’s interrelated improvement challenges. FHI 360 serves greater than 70 nations and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is looking for a COVID-19 Technical Coordinator Advisor, based mostly in Fiji, below the Assembly Targets and Sustaining Epidemic Management (EpiC), a five-year world undertaking funded by U.S. Company for Worldwide Improvement (USAID). EpiC receives COVID-19 funding to forestall, put together for, reply to and bolster well being programs to handle COVID-19 and cut back instances of reemergence.
With assist from USAID, the EpiC undertaking is implementing COVID-19 response actions within the Pacific Islands, with the target of lowering morbidity and mortality from COVID-19, mitigating transmission, and strengthening the well being system to forestall, detect and reply to pandemic threats. As a part of the COVID-19 exercise, EpiC and companions concentrate on collaboration with ministries of well being (MoHs) in 5 nations throughout a number of areas, these embody 1) strengthening the chilly chain for COVID-19 vaccine supply, 2) constructing capability for an infection prevention management (IPC) for vaccine administration, 3) growing and implementing communications campaigns on COVID-19 transmission and vaccination, advert 4) strengthening well being info programs and knowledge assortment and reporting for COVID-19 surveillance. To ship undertaking actions, EpiC companions intently with a regional group based mostly in Fiji.
EpiC is looking for a Technical Coordinator, based mostly in Fiji, to steer key duties and supply total coordination of COVID-19 actions within the Pacific Islands, together with actions in Fiji, Tonga, Solomon Islands, Kiribati and Marshal Islands. The advisor will oversee completion of the undertaking workplan throughout the set timeframe, monitor progress in opposition to targets, deal with potential bottlenecks and function a liaison and key focus for FHI 360 partnering group(s) and ministries of well being (as required). The advisor will assist common reporting to the undertaking donor and determine undertaking learnings, highlights and success tales.
This consultancy has an preliminary interval of efficiency by means of 22 December 2022 and an preliminary stage of effort of 60 days, with a possible extension.
Candidates should at present be based mostly in Fiji.
CONSULTANCY SCOPE OF WORK
The advisor might be required to finish duties comparable, however not restricted to the under:
- Coordination with FHI 360 companion organizations within the Pacific Islands frequently, and MoH officers as could also be required
– Maintain introductory conferences and subsequent common conferences and on-site visits with companion organizations and MoH (as required) to plan and observe undertaking actions;
– Work intently with partnering organizations to outline undertaking timelines, observe progress in opposition to efficiency targets, and troubleshoot boundaries to well timed completion of actions;
– Work with partnering organizations on workplans and estimated operational prices if any and share with FHI 360 / EpiC headquarters and USAID for evaluation;
– Maintain common conferences with MoH officers, as mandatory, to share updates on the undertaking actions;
– Be sure that companions are conscious of and in a position to observe USAID branding tips (USAID stickers to be pasted on the manuals for ventilator use).
- General coordination of the EpiC actions throughout 5 Pacific Islands
– Help provision of month-to-month progress updates to FHI 360, USAID and MoH asrelevant;
– Tackle area stage bottlenecks, if any, throughout the execution of TA actions;
– Attend coordination conferences with companions and MoH, as related, and relay important info to the EpiC Technical Monitor;- Help well timed completion and the high-quality of all undertaking milestones as outlined within the authorized workplan;
– Coordinate the receipt and importation of medical provides/consumables to designated nations;
– Help data sharing from EpiC actions within the Pacific Islands with different EpiC nations;
– Determine alternatives to share undertaking learnings, challenges, successes and spotlight tales and collaborate with EpiC workers to develop write-ups.
- In collaboration with undertaking companions, oversee completion of undertaking deliverables:
– Work intently with partnering group(s) to make sure prime quality and completion of
- A chilly chain evaluation, help with improvement of motion plans / procurement lists as an output of the evaluation;
- Communications methods, help with improvement of motion plans / communications collateral as a follow-up to technique improvement;
- IPC coaching supplies and coaching lists;
- A wants evaluation for strengthening knowledge assortment and programs for COVID-19 case surveillance;
- A scope of labor and related deliverables for delivering telemedicine companies.
– Help high quality management of all deliverables, figuring out the necessity for inputs and critiques from technical consultants on the EpiC undertaking as wanted.
- Bachelors diploma in public well being, communications, medical sciences, sociology or an identical area.
- Graduate diploma in public well being area most well-liked.
- A minimum of 5 years’ expertise managing and/or coordinating health-focused initiatives within the Pacific Islands.
- A minimum of 2 years’ expertise engaged on the supply of donor-funded programming, USAID and Pacific Islands expertise most well-liked.
- Expertise working with the well being programs in within the Asia-Pacific area most well-liked.
- Expertise working with MoH officers on the nationwide in addition to subnational ranges
- most well-liked.
- Robust coordination and capability constructing expertise.
- Robust communication expertise, together with writing and oral presentation.
- Distinctive organizational expertise and a spotlight to element.
- In-depth understanding of native well being sector context and capabilities most well-liked.
- Prior expertise working with USAID and/or different donors most well-liked.
- Working proficiency in English.
- Keen to journey to services to evaluate wants and/or present coaching.
- Candidates at present based mostly in Fiji inspired to use.
COST AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE:
The overall work anticipated below this consultancy is for as much as 60 days. The advisor might be paid at a each day charge and any required journey and lodging prices (if required) might be paid by FHI 360 in accordance with EpiC coverage.
The advisor might be paid upon passable completion of asks and upon receipt of an bill.
The way to apply
candidates should present their detailed curriculum vitae with a letter of software in English and a accomplished FHI 360 biodata kind (CLICK HERE) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 8 June 2022. The letter of software should embody the proposed each day charge. Choice and interviews might be performed on a rolling foundation and candidates are inspired
to use as quickly as potential.
*Please specify the place you might be making use of for in your software.
Candidates might be evaluated based mostly on a weighted issue of the areas under. Solely shortlisted candidates might be contacted for interviews.
- Schooling: 25 (max factors)
- Work Expertise: 30 (max factors)
- Expertise/Skills: 30 (max factors)
- Value: 15 (max factors)
- Complete: 100 factors
FHI 360 DISCLAIMERS
- FHI 360 might carry out a background examine on any chosen Advisor candidates.
- FHI360 might cancel the solicitation and never award
- FHI 360 might reject all or any responses acquired
- Issuance of the solicitation doesn’t represent an award dedication by FHI360
- FHI 360 reserves the fitting to disqualify any provide based mostly on failure of the offeror to observe solicitation directions
- FHI 360 is not going to compensate any offeror for responding to solicitation
- FHI 360 reserves the fitting to difficulty award based mostly on preliminary analysis of provides with out additional dialogue
- FHI 360 might select to award solely a part of the actions within the solicitation, or difficulty a number of awards based mostly on the solicitation actions
- FHI 360 reserves the fitting to waive minor proposal deficiencies that may be corrected previous to award willpower to advertise competitors
- FHI 360’s provider phrases and situations will be discovered right here whereas our advisor phrases and situations will be discovered right here