Once more, loads of attention-grabbing information got here in at present.
We began off the day although with a coaching session for the information staff on Mojo or cellular journalism. It was very attention-grabbing and enlightening, and was adopted by a stunning breakfast. All a part of the training course of as we gear up for the looming elections and main sporting occasions!
- Within the Fiji Occasions’ version for Saturday, Might 21, now we have a wraparound which focuses on our marketing campaign within the World Rugby 7s Collection in France.
That’s the particular version!
- The massive one on The Fiji Occasions entrance web page is about former PM Sitiveni Rabuka urging Fijians to alter with him.
- Former MP Niko Nawaikula was sentenced to jail.
- HUMAN rights advocate Shamima Ali says she is just not searching for an election ticket. She stated she had no intention of standing within the 2022 Normal Election as a result of she did “a greater job exterior Parliament” by way of “holding everybody accountable”.
Learn these tales and extra in The Fiji Occasions!
In your weekend studying, now we have a lineup of attention-grabbing options and opinions.
- PAGE 12 – A “Moana” second for manifestos
By SENI NABOU
THE well-known Moana Disney animation carried that catchy tune, immortalised by Opetaia Foa’i and Lin-Manuel Miranda, referred to as “We know how”. Regretfully, nonetheless, the place this Authorities is anxious, they’re paddling round in circles whereas on a leaky punt below perpetual darkness with no stars within the sky to information them, on the subject of the Manifesto guidelines.
- PAGE 30 – A brand new period for jobs in Australia
By WADAN NARSEY
ALL Fiji jobseekers ought to intently watch the outcomes of the 2022 Australian Elections unfolding on the Might 21, 2022, and hope for a transparent win by the Australian Labour Occasion because the polls are predicting. In the previous few months, former Fiji residents residing in Australia can have seen a unprecedented turnaround in Australian political attitudes in the direction of permitting Pacific Islanders (together with Fijians) to work in Australia, holding nice hope for his or her kinfolk and others in Fiji.
- PAGES 32-33 – Sacrifices of our forefathers
By MELI LADDPETER
THE sacrifices of our forefathers in the course of the first two world wars and the Malayan marketing campaign, has allowed us to dwell peacefully on this nation we name house.
- PAGE 34 – Leaving nobody behind
By AJAY BHAI AMRIT
BULA readers! I used to be excited by studying concerning the Authorities announcement informing us that poverty is decreasing in Fiji, which is nice information if that is right.
- PAGE 35 – Animal welfare
By Jo OLVER
SOME individuals know the signal (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA)) out entrance in Walu Bay, others may discover it now with this text – however right here is a few of what occurs behind that signal and that bamboo wall.
- PAGE 36 – A tribute to Dr Va
By RAVNIL NARAYAN
WHEN you’re taking a stroll within the backyard early within the morning, you’ll come throughout some mesmerising flowers that you simply hope won’t wilt.
- PAGE 38 – Rugby deal with for followers
By Rajnesh Lingam
THIS weekend, followers shall be in for a 7s deal with because the Toulouse 7s kicks off. Fiji missed out on the second leg in Spain, however made an impression within the third leg in Singapore and Vancouver as Ben Gollings’ males completed first and second, respectively.
- PAGE 40 – Fiji’s Girmit historical past
By RAJENDRA PRASAD
FIJI recognised the 143rd anniversary of girmit as by no means earlier than in latest historical past, marking the arrival of Indian indentured staff in Fiji on Might 14, 1879.
- PAGE 42 – Cybersecurity requirements
By ILAITIA B. TUISAWAU
A VERY frequent query I get requested by C-level executives, and most IT-savvy people equivalent to younger professionals, is clearly “what are the cybersecurity requirements or legal guidelines that I or our employees/organisation ought to adhere to?”
There’s extra to learn inside however you’ll must get a duplicate to know what we’re speaking about.
You possibly can name our Circulation Division for our subscription charges. Name us on cellphone: 3304111 and discuss to Setaita, Jervis or Shamal.
Give it some thought! They may organise the supply of your newspaper recent off the press daily, proper to the doorstep.
No hassles, no worries!
Favor to learn the newspaper on-line? Then check out the e-edition! There are easy directions to comply with to get to the day by day version!